Transfer Case for 2011-13 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6L, Active 4x4, Electric Shift
Assembly Tag Number: 52853665AB
This is an unused transfer case with no signs of wear. This part has never been used or installed but will not be shipped with the original manufacturer's documentation or packaging. The item you receive may have a little dust and/or cosmetic oxidation. The photos show a shift motor that will NOT be include with this purchase.
VERIFYING THE MODEL
Before shipping, we will need the assembly number from your transfer case to verify that this part fits your vehicle. You can find the assembly number on the sticker located on the bottom of your transfer case (see below). If this information is not available, we will need the FULL VIN# of the vehicle to verify.
SHIPPING & CORE EXCHANGE
This unit requires a core exchange and your purchase includes a reusable shipping container and a UPS return service label. If we do not receive the core and the container within 14 days of delivery, you will be charged a core charge of $500.
This transfer case comes with a one year unlimited mileage warranty within the contiguous United States. We will need the Assembly # on your transfer case for an exact match. You can find the Assembly # on the tag located on the bottom of your transfer case. If this information is not available, we will need the FULL VIN# of the vehicle to verify.
We are also able to ship internationally, however you will need to contact us for a shipping quote.
New transfer cases from Transfer Case Express carry a twelve (12) month, unlimited miles warranty. For complete details, please see our warranty page.
ABOUT TRANSFER CASE EXPRESS
This unit ships from our Spartanburg, SC location. Sales tax must be charged to all South Carolina, Texas and California purchases, unless a valid resale license/number is provided in advance of the purchase.
Not the part you're looking for? Need further help? If you do not see your item listed or have further questions, please do not hesitate to email us or call us directly at 1-800-MUDROAD.
About the 3023-J
Quadra-Trac II - Two-Speed Active Electronic Transfer Case (Standard on Limited and Overland 4x4 models)
The Quadra-Trac® II is the MP3023 two-speed, on-demand, active four-wheel drive transfer case that provides optimum traction for a wide range of conditions, while maximizing driver convenience. When operating in 4WD Auto mode, this sophisticated system anticipates and prevents slip by redirecting torque as necessary.
For added traction capability when traversing steep grades, rough terrain or extremely poor traction surfaces, the transfer case includes a 4WD Low mode. This second speed gear multiplies engine torque 2.72 times and locks the clutch pack for maximum traction.
Electric shifting between 4WD AUTO and 4WD Low is effected with a console-mounted switch. A pushpin button is used to shift to Neutral mode.
The MP3023 transfer case provides the following benefits:
- Active, on-demand four-wheel drive requires no driver input.
- Instantly anticipates slip and preemptively redirects torque as needed.
- Vehicle stability under all conditions because torque is constantly being transferred.
- 4WD Low operation mode provides an advantage over vehicles equipped with a single-speed all-wheel drive transfer case.
- Electric shifting between 4WD Auto and 4WD Low provides smooth operation and improved NVH control compared to systems with mechanical linkage.
- Enhanced traction and stability provided by the Traction Control and Electronic Stability Program (ESP) working in tandem with four-wheel-drive.
- A robust design and sealing for reliability.
- A neutral mode permits flat towing.
Transfer case operating ranges are:
- Operating positions: 4WD Auto - N - 4WD Low.
- 4WD Auto = Electronically controlled wet clutch for torque biasing.
- N = Transfer case neutral for 4-wheel flat recreational towing.
- 4WD Low = Low range (2.72:1) part time mode.
The 4WD Low range is for off road use only. It is not for use on hard surface roads unless the road surface is wet, slippery, or covered by ice and snow.
The low range reduction gear system is operative in 4WD Low range only. This range is for extra pulling power in off road situations. Low range reduction ratio is 2.72:1.