TRANSFER CASE EXPRESS provides all of our REBUILT and NEW transfer cases with a twenty-four month / 70,000-mile warranty against defects in material and workmanship to the original purchaser from the purchase date. This warranty extends for twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase or until the mileage on the transfer case reaches seventy-thousand (70,000) miles, whichever comes first. If the vehicle odometer reading is not available at the time of purchase, then this warranty will be valid for twenty-four (24) months from the date of purchase.
This warranty does not cover the following:
- Use for purposes for which it was not originally designed such as “lifted” vehicles and/or vehicles with oversized tires;
- Abuse, neglect, accident, or improper towing;
- Improper installation and maintenance, including failure to fill unit with proper fluid and level;
- Failure because of defects or inefficiencies of parts or assemblies not furnished with the transfer case.
- Worn forks inside the transfer case - this type of wear is due to improper linkage adjustment and/or a defective shift motor.
Should a warranty concern arise, contact Transfer Case Express immediately.
TRANSFER CASE EXPRESS will repair or replace the defective unit, at our discretion. Labor reimbursement for authorized in-vehicle repairs will be paid according to a flat rate as agreed to by TRANSFER CASE EXPRESS.
Reimbursement Rate for Transfer Case R & R is: $80.00
TRANSFER CASE EXPRESS is not responsible for consequential expenses such as loss of time, travel, hotel, inconvenience, loss of vehicle, car rental, or damages.
All units are shipped DRY. Please refer to the owners manual or dealer specifications for the proper lubricant. The warranty will be voided if the wrong lubricant is used. If you have any questions, please call us.
Warranty on new and rebuilt units will be void if the unit is returned to us “burned up”. It is the customer’s responsibility to be aware of any leaks and get them taken care of before a failure occurs from loss of lubricant. Leaks are covered under the warranty, burned up units are not.
Should you experience a problem with your transfer case:
Contact TRANSFER CASE EXPRESS immediately at: 800-683-7623 (800-MUD-ROAD). Please have the following information ready:
• transfer case model number;
• purchase date;
• odometer reading;
• invoice number, and;
• the nature of the problem.
- PRIOR APPROVAL: All warranty repairs, including any replacement parts and/or labor charges must have prior approval from TRANSFER CASE EXPRESS. You will be given a warranty authorization number.
- RETURN OF PRODUCTS: The pick up of an allegedly defective unit must be arranged by and paid for by TRANSFER CASE EXPRESS and must be securely packed in the ORIGINAL SHIPPING CONTAINER AND THE ORIGINAL FOAM PACKING MATERIAL. The allegedly defective unit must be clearly marked “Warranty Return” with the warranty return authorization number provided to you by Transfer Case Express. Failure to indicate this information may result in the unit being processed as a core only and claim may be denied. TRANSFER CASE EXPRESS may ask that claims approved for in-field repairs also be substantiated with the return of the alleged defective parts and work order.
- In the event a replacement unit is sent to replace an allegedly defective unit, the original alleged defective unit must be returned within 10 days or customer will be charged for the additional unit.e) If the warranty return unit was misdiagnosed by customer or customer’s shop mechanic, customer will pay all shipping costs – no exceptions and a 25% restocking charge.
- All alleged defective material returned will be inspected upon arrival. If the material is found NOT to be defective, customer will be charged for all related shipping charges.
If for any reason, customer wishes to return a unit, it must be returned within 60 days and the unit must NOT have been installed in the vehicle, there will be a 25% restocking charge and customer will be responsible for all shipping charges.